Baked & Glazed Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 55 minutes Yields: 15 people
5 pounds chicken wings -- whole or with tips removed and drumettes and flats separated
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley (1/2 tablespoon dried)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup honey or agave
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 large garlic cloves, crushed
1 2x1" piece of ginger, peeled, sliced
1. Bring all ingredients and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve honey.
2. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 7–8 minutes.
3. Strain into a medium bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Set a wire rack inside each of 2 large rimmed baking sheets (or spray foil-lined baking sheets with cooking spray).
2. Mix oil, salt, parsley and pepper in a large bowl. Add wings and toss to coat.
3. Divide wings between prepared sheets and spread out in a single layer.
4. Bake wings until cooked through and skin is crispy, turning at 20 minutes, for a total of 40–45 minutes.
5. Remove wings from oven.
6. Place in large bowl and toss evenly to coat with ginger-soy glaze.
7. Return wings in a single layer to prepared rack or sheet and bake until glaze is glossy and lightly caramelized, 8–10 minutes.
Notes: Try this alternative to buffalo wings for casual or weekend dining. They're not spicy, but they will have you licking your fingers nonetheless. And the meat's so tender it falls off the bone!You can make the glaze 5 days ahead: Cover and chill, and rewarm before using.