Pasta with Shrimp & Spinach
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Yields: 4 people
8 ounces uncooked string pasta like angel hair or linguine
1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots or red onion
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
6 cups coarsely chopped baby spinach
2 tablespoons capers
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper.
3. Add shallots or onion and sauté 30 seconds. Add shrimp; sauté 3 minutes. Remove shrimp mixture from pan.
4. Add chicken broth and lemon juice to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
5. Add cooked pasta, shrimp, spinach, and capers, and heat 1 minute or until spinach wilts, stirring frequently.
Notes: Capers add little bursts of flavor to this light but filling dish.