Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes Yields: 12 people
6 green plantains
Juice of 6 limes
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1. Peel the plantains and slice very think on the diagonal.
2. Soak the slices in lime juice for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Dry thoroughly and heat broiler.
4. Toss plantains with coconut oil in a bowl. Make sure oil covers slices.
5. Place on a baking sheet and put under broiler for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Flip to the other side and repeat.
7. Store refrigerated in an airtight container once cooled; they will keep for 1 week.