Spicy Parmesan Green Beans
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1/4 pound cremini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered (about 15 mushrooms)
1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed and slice into 1-inch pieces
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 of a lemon)
3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
1. Warm the olive oil in a large, heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms, green beans, salt, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the wine and continue cooking until the green beans are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the red pepper flakes, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese and cook 4-5 minutes. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
Notes: No more boiling string beans to within an inch of their life! These are fresh and crisp but also tender and with a kick.