Tuna Steaks with Cucumber Dill Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes Yields: 4 people
Half of a large cucumber – cut length wise
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
1 cup purple kale, finely chopped3 tablespoons olive oil
4 4-6-ounces tuna steaks
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Sea salt and black pepper
To make Cucumber Dill Salsa:
1. Scoop out the seeds of the cucumber and dice.
2. Mix cucumber with the dill and kale.
To make the fish:
1. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Rub oil on tuna steaks and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
3. Place tuna steaks on plates and top with cucumber salsa.
4. Keep skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Let sauce sizzle for a few seconds and then drizzle over fish with salsa.
6. Serve immediately.
Notes: Time of cooking tuna will vary due to thickness and preference. Most enjoy tuna medium-rare, leaving it a bit pink in the middle.Substitute fennel for cucumber or bok choy for kale for a different twist.