Easy Fried Rice
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Yields: 8 people
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 carrot, diced
1/2 bunch scallion, chopped
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
4 cups cooked long grain brown rice
2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1. Sauté onion in olive oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and carrot and sauté for 4 minutes.
3. Add scallion and ginger and sauté for about 4 more minutes.
4. Add rice and sprinkle with water to give extra steam to dish.
5. Add tamari soy sauce and toasted sesame oil.
6. Lower heat and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Notes: Beat an egg together with the tamari and sesame oil. Pour this mixture into the pan and move it around quickly with fork to spread egg as it cooks.