Coconut Date Cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Yields: 15 people
6-7 dried pitted dates
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 tablespoon nutmeg
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Soak dates in 1 cup of water for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Combine oats, flour, coconut, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
4. Add oil and syrup and mix until all ingredients are moist.
5. Form little balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
6. Press cookies lightly so they do not roll off cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Take out cookie sheet and flip cookies.
9. Bake an additional 10 minutes.