Cedar Plank Salmon
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 25 minutes Yields: 4 people
1 cedar plank (at least 6x14 inches)
4 4-6ounce wild salmon fillets (1 1/2-2 pounds total)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 tablespoons spicy prepared mustard
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
juice of 1 lemon; second lemon for optional garnish
1. Soak cedar plank in salted water for at least 2 hours, then drain.
2. Remove skin from salmon fillet. Remove any bones. Rinse the salmon under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Generously season with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. In a small bowl combine the oil, mustard, vinegar, honey or agave, and lemon juice and mix.
4. Lay the salmon (on what was skin-side down) on the cedar plank and carefully spread the honey-mustard mix over the top and sides. Top with optional lemon slices.
5. Heat grill to medium.
6. Place the cedar plank in the center of the hot grate, away from the heat source.
7. Cover the grill and cook until cooked through, 20-25 minutes (the internal temperature should read 135 degrees F). Baste with any remaining honey-mustard mix.
8. Transfer the salmon and plank to a platter and serve right off the plank.