Oatmeal Pancakes or Waffles
Cooking Time: 10 minutes Yields: 2 people
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups water
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Place all ingredients except oil in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Let stand a few minutes until batter thickens.
3. If batter is too thick to pour easily, add some water.
4. Heat oil in frying pan or skillet.
5. Pour batter, by 1/4 - 1/2 cup, into pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. For waffles: Pour into a heated waffle iron and cook for 10 minutes.
Notes: Try adding chopped walnuts to the pancake batter. Top with fresh fruit such as strawberries or blueberries.