Chopped Greek Salad with Chicken
Prep Time: 20 minutes Prep Notes: Use pre-cooked chicken Yields: 4 people
6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (about 12 ounces)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup sliced ripe pitted kalamata or black olives
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, or 1 teaspoon dried
1 clove minced garlic, or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Place salad ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Pour vinegar in a small mixing bowl. Add mustard and whisk.
3. Slowly add oil while whisking.
4. Add herbs, garlic, salt and pepper and whisk thoroughly.
5. Dress salad, mix and serve topped with heated chicken.
Notes: Pick up a cooked rotisserie chicken or chop up pre-cooked chicken breasts to save time with this heart-healthy salad. Add chickpeas for a nutty, buttery taste. Chickpeas, with their protein, iron and fiber, help manage your appetite by keeping you feeling full for longer.