Oatmeal Cranberry Flaxseed Cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup honey or agave nectar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
2 cups gluten-free baking flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups quick cooking oats (NOT instant oatmeal)
1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, agave, eggs, vanilla extract and ground flaxseeds until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. Pour in wet ingredients and stir until almost combined, then add in the oats and dried cranberries and stir until flour is absorbed and the dough holds together.
5. Drop 1-inch balls of dough onto baking sheet, leaving a little room for the cookies to spread.
6. Bake for 8-9 minutes, until cookies are set. The tops of the cookies should have very minimal browning, and the bottoms should be only light brown.
7. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 2 dozen
Notes: These are a favorite: crisp and chewy, sweet and nutty. The flaxseed gives them a good-for-you boost of Omega 3 fatty acids and fiber. You'll struggle to eat just one or two, so be generous and give some away!