Turkey Burger with Feta & Spinach
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Yields: 4 people
1 small red onion, chopped
2 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
1 lb fat-free ground turkey
4 oz low-fat feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
1 large egg, lightly whisked
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 bunch dill, chopped fine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
4 whole-wheat hamburger rolls
1/2 cucumber, sliced thin
1. Warm a pan over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. Sauté the onion for 2 minutes till soft; add the spinach and sauté 3 minutes till slightly wilted. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach and onion, turkey, feta, egg, salt, pepper, and 2/3 of the dill. Shape mixture into 4 patties. Place in pan, cover, and cook for 7 minutes. Uncover, flip, and cook for 5 more minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice with yogurt, oil and remaining dill. Set aside.
4. Serve burgers on rolls, topped with yogurt sauce and cucumber.
Notes: Tangy feta provides an unexpected burst of flavor in turkey burgers. Eat with a bun or plop the patty and sauce on a bed of mixed greens. Enjoy!
Credit: Adapted from http://www.womenshealthmag.com